A colorful savory chilled soup. This dish was inspired by my love of beets and a showcase of how diverse this simple/yet vitamin packed root vegetable can be.
- 2 red beets ( peeled, and cut into chunks )
- 2 green onions ( cut )
- 1 medium zucchini ( cut into chunks )
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root ( peeled, cut, or 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger )
- 1/4 cup raw pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil ( cold-pressed )
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups spring water
- 1/4 cup pecans ( roughly chopped )
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves ( de-stemmed )
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- Dust with paprika
After preparing the beets, onion, zucchini, and ginger, add into a high-speed blender along with the remainder of the base ingredients. Blend on low, and increase speed to high, blending until creamy and smooth.
Pour into 4+ bowls, garnish, and enjoy!