Apples, rich in fiber, juicy and sweet, with a added kick of spice! This is great alternative to the common apple sauce. A perfect idea for breakfast or a snack.
- 4 medium apples ( cut, cored, 1 half apple diced and saved )
- 1 small lemon ( juiced )
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- Fresh berries, bananas, hemp seeds, pecans, coconut chips, dried fruit.
Begin by preparing the apples then place into a blender, *saving one of the halves. Dice the 1 half apple, set this aside for later. Add the lemon juice, water, cinnamon, cardamon, vanilla, and sea salt into the blender. Place cap and blend until well mixed and sauce-like. Pour mixture into a large bowl, add the chia and diced apple mix well.
Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30mins, or overnight. *This allows for the chia seeds to properly hydrate.
Serve with your favorite fruit and toppings. Enjoy!